Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Today Has Sucked

Have you seen the movie Orange County? With Colin Hanks, Jack Black, Catherine O'Hara & John Lithgow...oh & Leslie Mann? If you have you should be able to sing the title of this blog...if not, you should watch the fucking movie. It has a pretty great cast, soundtrack & well, it is hilarious! I own it. Maybe I'll watch it with you.

Now back to today. It sucked. It didn't all suck...just the majority of it. Let's start with some information you may not know, my friend wrote a blog about picking a word for the year. I copied her & chose grace as my word. I need to live with more grace in my daily life. That's the point of picking the word. So I chose grace because I know I need more of it. I need to give more grace to others. This is the grace I need to give to others: undeserved, unmerited, unearned favour. Like the person who parked more out of their parking space than in at Fred Meyer tonight, blocking the aisle so people had to back all the way out, yeah he was the end space & there was no reason any of us could see for this parking disgrace. I tried telling myself a couple of times that I don't know this person's story...it didn't help. I also know it's no one's fault, but my own that I returned Redbox movies after 8 days....$19.20 should be deducting soon. Joy. I had to go to 3 Redboxes to return those bitches. A word of caution, the caramel flan will in no way replace the joy that is a caramel brulee latte...so don't bother. I should've just bought milk & made my own damn coffee. At least it was free...except for the gas & the 30 mph drive across the bridge. Do people sense that I'm on a time constraint? Again, I don't know that person's story, maybe there's a perfectly good explanation for the 30 mph driving, but if it was just the rain, turn it around, drive to the DMV & surrender your fucking license now! 


That was how my day went. I forgot to take the Redbox movies back on my lunch, so I didn't get milk, I went to Starbucks because I had a free grande beverage & it tasted like burnt caramel, but I drank it anyway. Just because I didn't pay for it didn't mean I was wasting a beverage with a $4.55 value. After work I picked up Ky, yelled at her the whole way home, dropped her off, grabbed my Redbox rentals & set off to return them & BUY MILK! 

Here's the problem folks. I have a teenager. I really chose grace because of her. I need to show her more grace. Side note: Grace is one of her middle names. I need to take a breath before I start into a rant over chores. I need to figure out a way not to be yelling all the time. I want to know how to love this gorgeous girl that I created all the time. I do love her all the time. I just really want to know how to make it easier. Why is our relationship so fucking hard?!! The answer is probably because I was such a beast to my mom & this is what I deserve. Knowing that doesn't make it easier. Admitting it didn't make it go away. So here we are. Tonight I hung up on her because I was so irritated after 56 seconds of conversation. Then 3 minutes later when I picked her up, I spent the entire car ride home...2 minutes...yelling at her. Then I took myself to Fred Meyer & things just got worse. It wasn't anything big. Just someone who couldn't park & 2 Redboxes that were out of commission. Luckily the one at McDonald's was working. 


So now that I got that out. Let's focus on the positive. I got to see my secret sister today...and all of this misfortune on my part, made her (and her boss) laugh her ass off. I think she's still laughing. You're welcome... I got a new client. New clients are always nice to have. I got to see another friend of mine & have some laughs with her. My caramel flan latte experience saved someone else from that devastation. We have milk now. Skim & almond milk! I can make my coffee in the morning...in my new French press. My daughter bought me nail polish with her gift cards from Forever 21. She's out here making me laugh now. I wish it was like this all the time. 


I know it was just one day. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow I will use more grace. Tomorrow we start fresh, it is full of possibilities & I will fucking rock tomorrow. Today though...today has sucked.


No comments:

Post a Comment