Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Extra Chores Week

In an effort to make this more lovely for you, I decided to go with a lilac hue. You are welcome. Now let's get real...

Here's how Extra Chores Week began:
The FB post read:
Dear Kylie & AJ,
Do you know the level of rage this brings me to?
Are you aware that this is considered a party foul?
Do you think you could take care of this & then do the dishes before I lose my f***ing mind?
Thanks in advance,
Beastly Teen's Aggravated Mama
So I posted that on Saturday evening, because it is one of my biggest pet peeves, thinking this is a creative way to get this wrong righted. No such luck. In response to "stop yelling at me...you don't have to yell...I heard you the first time!!!" from Ky, I would like to say, I do have to yell because the funny FB attempt to get your attention didn't work. 
You know what worked? "Ky, could you please change the TP before I lose my fucking mind?" *in a on the brink of madness  very calm voice* BAM!! TP changed. 
Let me run you through some thoughts this brought on...Has she ever changed the TP? Does she even know how? Is that why it has taken 18 hours to get it accomplished? Is she struggling to figure it out now? Nope. That took her all of 7 seconds. She knew how to do it all this time & they did this shit to me twice in one day!!???!!! How can I stop this madness???
You know this is the best light bulb you have ever seen!




EXTRA 
CHORES
WEEK
!!!!!!!!!!!









Did I mention that after I posted that pic on FB, but before she saw it she PHONED ME FROM HER BEDROOM? Yep. That happened. 
Me: Did you just call from your bedroom?
Ky: Yep. Could you turn the wifi on?
Me: Don't ever call me from your bedroom again unless someone is in there trying to kill you. Is someone in there trying to kill you?
Ky: No. Can you turn the wifi on so AJ & I can watch Netflix?
Me: The wifi is already on, check your FB & do the dishes before you watch Netflix.

Then....she came out, I stupidly put in the wifi password (at least I still have some control) & the dishes did not get done on Saturday night. The 5 cellophane wrappers from microwave popcorn also did not get thrown away. Not even the one sitting 3 inches from the trashcan. A real favorite of mine.

It is Tuesday night. Let me tell you how Extra Chores Week is going. 
Not. Fucking. Great.
Sunday I had to yell & yell about those dishes getting done. One response to a request (an hour after the previous request) was "my nails are wet." Oh really? Neat. They finally got washed, left to dry all night on the counter. Also, neat. Monday morning she put them away before school. Monday night, no dishes done. So this is how the kitchen looks.

Pretty sweet huh...I'd like to add the Grey Goose was finished on Christmas Eve, Bombay was finished by my step-dad um in November I think...like at Ky's birthday party, wine was from Christmas & the vase has been there since November. They all have places to go, but she just leaves em...and leaves em and leaves em........
So tonight I decided to write the chores on the dry erase board again. A friendly reminder that they need to be done, DAILY. I then pointed out the list articulating what is expected of her (for the bazillionth time) & let her know there was no need to check things off like she's done in the past...this needs to stay up so there's no question of what is to be done.

Look..it is also a happy purple-y hue...
I bet you aren't shocked to hear it took me yelling down the hall 3 to 8,700 more times before she stomped out here & started washing dishes. Yep, she stomped on down the hall like there was a real injustice taking place here. Wait til I tell her I need the shower scrubbed. She might call CPS on me! I will save the shower til tomorrow. She's pretty sure no other kid in the world has or will ever be forced to do the slave labor that is her life. She's like an indentured servant...it's a real crime! Just ask her. She'll tell you all about it. 
***as I'm writing the dishes are FINALLY being washed...as in, during this paragraph...and here's a bonus for you: She just said to me, "I'm going to go take off my mask!"***

Now you know folks, that's twice in one week that dishes have cut into Teen Day Spa that apparently is operating in the master bedroom of this place. I'd go back there & see if I could get an appointment, but I am pretty sure the Health Department would shut that place down if they became aware of its existence!

Thank you for keeping me sane. If I wasn't writing this for you I may have yelled so loud I went into a coughing fit over the stupid dishes...like last night. 

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! We need a date night! On that note you can laugh at me when Geo gets to this age. Thank God for WINE!!

    ReplyDelete